Thursday, November 03, 2005

escape

all i remember is fear. fear of being found out. fear of being caught. fear of having to go back. and it was coming out of every pore on my body. or was it just plain hot? i knew i had to retch it out before i got into the taxi. the airport restoom had that unique smell of supervised clean. maybe that would help. i put my bag on the gleaming sink and braced myself on the tiles.

nothing.

by the time i splashed water on my face, and came out, my backpack was the only one going around in circles on the luggage belt. it was so much like my life, i had to smile. it cancelled the last few minutes in the restroom and the hour and a half spent on the flight sitting next to someone who insisted on licking every page of the in-flight magazine, audibly.

i moved towards the taxi stand. thirty kilometers to salvation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

Lovely vigenette! But I wish to read more of her thoughts. It ended too soon. :-)

12:53 AM  
Blogger zigzackly said...

to be continued?

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home